… Make me stop and think.
I am headed into Day 5 of being sicker than I have been for as long as I can remember. Spent most of the weekend combatting high fever, chills, body aches, coughing, vomiting as the result of whatever it that has taken hold of me only to end up at the hospital dealing with the dehydration that came with it. Despite the fact that it took them 3 tries to get the I.V. in, I managed to get the meds I needed to at least get me pointed in the right direction. Still far from where I need to be as I found out today that, in addition to the actual flu, I also have strep. I guess I know how to party.
At the moment my hubby is in running on the treadmill and I am sitting on the couch feeling picked on. I want to be running on the treadmill because that would mean that I was not sick anymore (or that I was never sick to begin with). Time to be grateful….
I am grateful for….
- My wonderful husband… he is the love of my life, my better half and the one who has helped me become whole again.
- My children – all four of them keep me going and each has their own specialness to add to the world.
- My job – it amazes me to watch people learn.
- My teammates – they help me stay sane.
- Food to eat every day.
- A warm place to sleep every night.
- Different clothes to wear every day.
- The opportunity to dream.
- Good friends.
- The opportunity to make today better than yesterday.
Okay.. I feel a little less picked on…
One day…. and counting.